Connecting to people through discipleship.
Canaan Baptist Church is on a mission to be intentional about multiplying communities of Christ-followers one person at a time in the greater St. Louis community and beyond.
We will create biblical disciples in relational environments. Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men. —Matthew 4:19 (NIV)
A disciple of Jesus is:
- One who is following Christ—has made Jesus Lord of their life. Luke 9:23; John 8:31
- One who is being changed by Christ—is becoming like Christ in attitude and action. John 15:8; Romans 8:29; Galatians 5:22; John 13:35
- One who is committed to the mission of Christ. (Christ’s mission is to save a lost world — ministry of reconciliation.) John 15:8; Matthew 4:19; 2 Corinthians 5:19-20
A relational environment is:
- A small group from 3—18 people.
- A meeting with purpose and intentionality to grow as a disciple.
- A group led by a more mature disciple.
- A place where safe relationships are built.
- A place where accountability, shepherding, encouragement, and teaching exist.
- A regularly reoccurring meeting.
Click here for more information about how you can be involved with one of our Connection Groups.