CONNECTING YOU TO PURPOSE
One of our primary goals at Canaan is connecting people to what matters most. Connecting to purpose is our focus to serve God through church and community outreach.
SPARK! Kids Camp
We have an opportunity for you to serve with us this summer at our kids camp. We invite Canaan family and friends to volunteer the week of July 9-13 or SPARK! Night July 15.
Sunday, June 3
- SPARK Volunteer Meeting @5pm
- SPARK Fliers to community @6pm
BBQ at Oasis International
Volunteer Meeting Wed. June 13 @6:30pm (Canaan - atrium)
Attend a special info meeting to receive event details, volunteer assignments, and other instructions. It's not too late to volunteer—simply attend the meeting and find out more about serving.
Saturday, June 16 @9am-2pm (arrive to Oasis no later than 9:30am)
Location: Oasis — 5035 Gravois Ave. St. Louis MO 63116
We have an opportunity for you to serve with us in June. Serve with us and provide community to refugee families at Oasis, one of our ministry partners. Learn more about Oasis and their mission here.
- This is a churchwide, off-campus outreach event. Canaan volunteers will assist Oasis staff in serving food, outdoor activities, AND meeting new people.
- This event takes place right across from the Oasis building, in a grassy field at the intersection of Gravois and Morganford.
- ALL of the materials will need to be carried across Gravois — male volunteers would be very helpful!
- This is a great opportunity to serve together as a family — fun for the kids and ways to learn to interact with other kids and families.
- The Bubble Bus will be at the event — if you haven't seen it check it out here.
- Volunteer areas include: face painters, games/bounce house, cotton candy, sno cones, BBQ-ers, greeters, and more!
- This block party/BBQ is a celebration for many refugee & Muslim families, the end of Ramadan.
- Consider donating a baked item for the cake walk.
Questions? Please email email@example.com and we will will have one of our outreach coordinators follow-up with you.
Hispanic Preschool Camp
Rachel Theolus (member at Canaan) runs a preschool summer camp for Hispanic children as a way to prepare them to enter English-speaking schools and share the gospel. Please continue to pray for God’s blessings as she and other volunteers minister to these young children and their families.
Camp details and ways to get involved:
• June 11–July 20, @8:30am-12pm each day
• Please consider visiting this summer to interact with the children or help minister to the mothers of the students.
• Donate/drop-off supplies and volunteer for 1 day (or more).
If you are interested in being a part of this ministry in any way, please contact Rachel.
Stay tuned for more information about serve opportunities in 2018.